Wednesday, February 5, 2014

OH NO!

Ever since I was nine years old I have been having this one type of headache that won't let me be. It can occur anytime of day or wake me up at night. At first I used to think my eyes were causing it because I am short sighted but nooo! this type of headache is called a migraine.

 According to the Mayo clinics definition of a migraine it is a headache that can cause intense throbbing or a pulsing sensation in one area of the head and is commonly accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound.
Migraine attacks can cause significant pain for hours to days and be so severe that all you can think about is finding a dark, quiet place to lie down.
Some migraines are preceded or accompanied by sensory warning symptoms (aura), such as flashes of light, blind spots, or tingling in your arm or leg.

Before the headache comes I normally get these flashes and a vision of something like a zigzag line rotating in my eyes, it can be on the left or on the right after that everything that had a good scent fades and then nausea follows. It is a very bad feeling, years back the migraine was so severe that when it came I had to switch off all the lights go to a dark quite room, carry a basin with water and place it near the bed just in case I needed to vomit. If I was in school, I could either be given permission to go home or rest a while at the school's sick bay.

Yesterday I had one but it was not as bad as it used to be and I thank God for thus far he has brought me, and for His healing touch. I no longer use OH NO! a migraine is coming and throw curse words all over the room, I just take a moment and rest for some hours and it works for me.  


Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email