Saturday, January 31, 2015

GOING OUT 2



It is always a joy going out and on this particular day I had the opportunity to see off my big sister Emma as she was travelling to America.

I had mixed feelings especially having to adjust with her not being around, my sister has always been there for me especially whenever I have an emergency she never hesitates to assist.


We were at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and loved the  way the airport is disability friendly.

I love my family for they have stood by me as I continue my journey with limb girdle muscular dystrophy.

It is not easy to put the wheelchair leg rests back on and for first timers it can be pretty challenging. My husband was nowhere in sight for he was in another car and he is the only one who knows how to put them back on so I had to lift my legs up as we moved to Terminal B for international departures.

He finally showed up and put the leg rests back on, it was an emotional farewell but happy to say that my sister arrived safely and is quietly settling in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email